GWmbox wrote:
> Hi all
>
> New member and new ubuntu user.  I'm about a 95% user of ubuntu as I
> still need windows for a few things - that will hopefully change soon :)

You could start by telling us what you still need Windows for, and maybe
we can help you work out that part!  :-)  My wife & i just recently got
rid of the one thing we needed Windows for on her computer: MS Money.
We switched to GnuCash, and it's much easier to get to now - no waiting
for 5 minutes while Windows boots up in VMware.

> I note on the Google group site that the group appears to have little
> activity?  Why?  Anything I can help with and why mailing list and not a
> forum?

The simple answer there is that for the most part mailing lists are a
lot easier to manage.

> Hope to chat with you guys more soon :)

Great to have you with us!  Remember the Ubuntu philosophy - humanity to
others.

Paul

P.S. It might make it a little friendlier when you give us a name to
call you... ;-)

begin:vcard
fn:Paul Gear
n:Gear;Paul