Geoffrey wrote:
> By the way I use two hard drives, one for XP (which has a few programs
> that I must use) and one for Ubuntu.
When you get a chance, post the list of programs which you must use, and
we can put our collective heads together to see if there are good
alternatives available on Ubuntu.  Here are some of my efforts on the
subject:

    * http://paul.gear.dyndns.org/opinion/microsoft-free
    * http://linuxman.wikispaces.com/switching+to+Linux

You might also be interested in some of the points in this page, as they
relate to the security discussion we've been having:

    *
http://linuxman.wikispaces.com/Windows+tips+for+home+%26+small+office+users

Feel free to sign up on my wiki and add your tips/advice/comments!
> If I have further questions on specific points raised by members I will
> email directly, if that's OK.
It's far better to keep the messages on-list, so that everyone can
benefit and individual members do not feel compelled to reply personally
if they are busy.  Then we can all benefit from the shared knowledge!

Paul