On Thu 2010-02-04 07:45:55 UTC+1000, Paul Gear (p...@libertysys.com.au) wrote:

>  There's actually a version of Nero for Linux.  :-)  I prefer it over
>  Brasero (and k3b).
>

>    Interesting - the review i read a few years back [1] suggested k3b was a
>    long way ahead.

That review is 5 years old!  Ubuntu was only about six months old in
2005.  AFAIK there have been three major versions (3.0, 3.5 & 4.0) of
NeroLinux released since then.

One of the comments on that page suggests NeroLinux 2.0 was just a
rebranded release of GnomeBaker.  I don't know if that was true in
2005, but looking at the interface of GnomeBaker 0.6.4 now it doesn't
seem to have much in common with NeroLinux 3.5, the version I use.

GnomeBaker looks OK but it (and Brasero) is missing a "verify data
after burn" feature.  From memory, last time I tried k3b it supported
this, but I had trouble with it inexplicably stalling in between the
burn and verify stages.  And installing Nero was easier than trying to
debug k3b.  :-)

Regards
Andrew