In order to receive funding you would almost certainly need to be an
incorporated club/association. Ubuntu-au is not such an entity.

Such an entity requires registration of the organisation along with
reporting of financials each year plus a formal committee etc. Not
something I would hope we would jump into anytime soon. The paperwork is
just horendous and as Melissa pointed out there appear to be some LUGS
wanted to 'dissolve' this so they can avoid the paperwork and hoops.

Regards,

Andrew