Hello Andre,

I have some good news, and some bad news. First the bad, you are a vocal
minority
and the cause of the loco losing its status. The good news, your voice is as
good as
anyones.

If I were you, I would go make sure the agenda is relevant to you, attend the
meeting,
try and get a team leadership structure consensus and a method of nomination
and
vote. It sounds like you don't want one person to pick the team, fair enough.

On 14/05/2010, at 6:06 PM, Andre Mangan wrote:

> Hello Melissa,
>
> I have been a part of this mailing list since 2005.  Back then I was a keen
> neophyte and eager to belong.  I wrote to the designated Team Contact to
> offer some suggestions on improving some aspects of the organisation as well
> as offering my talents.   I never did receive a reply.  I wrote a second
> letter and again there was no reply.

> No doubt you had reasons for your silence, Melissa but unfortunately your
> inaction left a scar.
>
> That is one of the failings of having only one person for contact for the
> whole of Australia.  There really should be several.

There are a number of teams with multiple contacts. You could add it to the
agenda.

> The concept of meritocracy is a literary fantasy and on par with many
> esoteric doctrines designed to establish superiority over the ignorant.
> Please abandon this concept.  It has no right to exist and the way it has
> been used in the Ubuntu community smacks of autocracy in disguise.

I might be totally wrong on this, but I believe the first LUG meeting jdub ever
went to,
he was elected president. Too lazy to fact check, though.

If the team can't come to a consensus in a reasonable time frame, escalate it
to Jono.