On 18/05/10 00:22, Jared Norris wrote:
On 18 May 2010 00:13, Ryan Macnish<nis...@hotmail.com>  wrote:
Im certainly interested in this idea, its easy to do, helps ubuntu out, and
helps the ubuntu-au members to get to know each other. Although iv never
triaged a bug before, im willing to give it a shot and help others in the
process.
Ryan Macnish

A *large* percentage of the bugs triagers have to deal with are not
assigned to the right package - a fair number do not have any package
assigned to them at all! One of the easiest ways to get involved in bug
triage is to simply look at [2] (a list of bugs that are not assigned to
a package)&  assigning the bug report to the right package. Currently
there are 3165 bugs that need to be assigned to the right package. A
great resource that helps with this is [3]. There are also plenty of
helpful&  friendly people in the #ubuntu-bugs IRC channel channel [4]
who are willing to offer assistance with trying to find the correct
package for a bug report.
More detailed Bug Triage information can be found in the Bug Squad
Knowledge Base [6]&  the "How to Triage" wiki page [7].

For those interested in participating in an Ubuntu-AU BugJam, please
interested in participating, we can organise finer details such as a
date, if an online "how to triage" class would be beneficial, if people
who are local should meet face-to-face&  have everyone collaborate
online, etc, etc.

Sounds like a great idea. I would definitely be interested in this
sort of activity, work roster permitting (I'm a shift worker).

This is a good proposal. That is something else i think local meetings would be good for!

Paul

P.S. Jared: yes, i would consider your place fairly central, although Northsiders may not, and parking might be an issue if you want to keep your lawn... ;-)