>>> ha...@ipunix.com
>>> www.ipunix.com
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> Harry,
>>
>> I'm not sure exactly which NextG device you are referring to but as a
>> team we have set up a wiki that may be of assistance to you. If you
>> have a look at
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/Projects/WirelessBroadbandInformation
>> you will see a list of wireless broadband devices that are available
>> in Australia on different networks and if there were any special
>> requirements to get them working within Ubuntu. While it may not
>> exactly solve your issue it might at least start to point you in the
>> right direction. If it doesn't solve your issue but helps please feel
>> free to update the wiki page with the information you found useful so
>> that others may benefit as well.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jared Norris
>>

>> --

Karl,

I had a quick look on the wiki page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/Projects/WirelessBroadbandInformation
and for your device it states all that is required is

"Appears as a CD on the desktop on first insert. Right click and
select 'Safely Remove Hardware' then it gets reattached internally as
a modem and can be used as normal. YMMV, as I have to use "Eject" for
the modeswitching to occur (on 9.10), and sometimes requires a change
of usb port to get working."

I personally have tested this but I hope this works for you. I have
one of the Telstra Elite home network gateway and it had to be
activated over a windows pc (as the supplied software is only for
windows to do this with) but is essentially a stand alone router once
it is activated. It usually gets better speeds than the dongles and is
much easier to share across multiple computers/devices.

Regards,

Jared Norris