On 25/06/10 15:24, Tom Sparks wrote:
I have a computer that I run mythtv on
I want to secure the remote access options

I have VNC
I have a website (mythtv's mythweb), currently I use a username/password
I am looking at setting up rsync server

What are my options?
The most important thing you can do is use both VNC and rsync over ssh. By default neither VNC nor rsync use encrypted connections, and by using them over an ssh connection, you keep the same advantages, but do so with an encrypted and authenticated connection. There are plenty of tutorials about this out there on the web, but basically, you want to use public key authentication and tunnel the VNC and rsync connections through ssh.