Ok, that shouldnt be hard, to boot from the livecd all you need to do is
boot up normally, insert the livecd into the cd drive, reboot the computer
and during boot it should come up with something like "Press any key to boot
from CD-ROM", this all depends on your BIOS though, since different BIOS's
do different things. (for instance, my BIOS just boots from the CD, it
doesnt even ask me to press a key)

If no message like that comes up at boot and your computer just boots
normally, it means your boot order in the BIOS needs to be tweaked.

To get back out of the livecd, simply shutdown the computer and while its
shutting down, remove the cd from the drive, then turning on the computer
will boot it normally again.

Ryan Macnish