From: Peter Kukums <ieee_div...@kukums.com>
To: ubuntu-au@lists.ubuntu.com
Sent: Mon, 23 May, 2011 11:07:52 PM
Subject: Unity Desktop

 Hi folks,

I was concerned about the Unity desktop for use by PC beginners, but having
used
it for a while now I find it is not as bad as previously discussed on this
forum.

However, I find one behaviour which would be confusing for beginners. Opening
documents by double-clicking on them causes them to open Libre Office in
another
workspace if they open in full screen mode as the spreadsheets seem to. This is
a bit disconcerting as it may appear to the user that nothing has happened.
Does
anyone out there know if there is some configuration somewhere which can be
changed to cause it to open in the current workspace. I still haven't stumbled
across it anywhere.

Cheers,
Peter