On 23/05/11 23:07, Peter Kukums wrote:
Hi folks,

I was concerned about the Unity desktop for use by PC beginners, but having used it for a while now I find it is not as bad as previously discussed on this forum.

However, I find one behaviour which would be confusing for beginners. Opening documents by double-clicking on them causes them to open Libre Office in another workspace if they open in full screen mode as the spreadsheets seem to. This is a bit disconcerting as it may appear to the user that nothing has happened. Does anyone out there know if there is some configuration somewhere which can be changed to cause it to open in the current workspace. I still haven't stumbled across it anywhere.

Cheers,
Peter

"I can hear the bell but cannot tell which direction the sound is coming from." :-( . Meaning, that somewhere in the back of my mind something similar was mentioned before and the answer lay in setting the default applications option to the correct choice. For example, on my wife's computer Firefox would start when Nautilus was started. Selecting the correct default application fixed the problem. But, as I said, I remember this happening but cannot remember the *exact* details, sorry :-( . Do a search in Launchpad (https://launchpad.net/).

BC

--
Don't argue with an idiot, people may not see the difference.