Sorry, but I still don't think it's exactly the same as in #294123. I did
exactly what you proposed, with waiting for the drives up to 5 minutes, but
they never showed up, no output in dmesg, no device nodes under /dev...
However, booting with the all_generic_ide option works, but disk access seems
to be much slower than it was back in 2.6.24 with the ata_piix driver (the bug
occurs for me only under kernels version 2.6.27, earlier versions work OK).

--
root filesystem fails to mount (sata_nv module is loaded)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/33269