Nice summary. But couldn't stop myself from making a note at how you
defined open source. As it may influence a lot of peoples idea of open
source, you must be cautious not keep things clear and to the core
definition.

2008/10/17 Shahriar Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> মাইক্রোসফট হল পৃথিবীর সবচেয়ে বড় সফটওয়্যার কোম্পানির নাম; যাদের সব প্রোডাক্টই
> ব্যবহারকারীকে টাকার বিনিময়ে কিনে নিতে হয় এপ্লিকেশন স্যুইট বা প্যাকেজ হিসেবে।
> অন্যদিকে ওপেনসোর্স হল সারাবিশ্বের সফটওয়্যার ডেভেলপার ও ব্যবহারকারীদের একটি
> প্ল্যাটফর্ম যার মাধ্যমে কোডসহ যেকোন সফটওয়্যারটি একদম বিনামূল্যে ব্যবহার করা
> যায়।

Since when the idea of open source dictated the price associated with
the software?
Even the term FOSS (Free and Open Source) doesn't dictate anything
relating to selling the software for money or not.

Getting it for free (as in no money) is a byproduct of the concepts
promoted by "Free Software" or "Open Source Software" or to avoid the
confusion (or ignore the difference) as we call these days "FOSS". If
possible (as long as you have buyer) you could charge million dollars
for a product that you sell with the source code OPEN and the FREEDOM
assigned by the license to the buyer to do almost whatever he / she
likes with the code, its a FOSS.

Free is to mean "user is free" not "free for user".

Regards,

Soyuz