On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:58 PM, goutam roy <gtm_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear:
> I am using Ubuntu 9.04 desktop edition. Recently, I get an experience that I
> can't install anything from either synaptic package manager or add/remove
> programme. Every time the message (W: Failed to fetch
> http://bd.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/a/avant-window-navigator/libawn0_0.3.2-0ubuntu2_i386.deb
>   403 Forbidden) is shown when I try to install Avant window manager, though
> can do upgrade from upgrade manager easily. I can't understand the nature of
> the problem.
>
> Again, I am using both wireless and LAN Internet connections in my office. If
> I remove the LAN connection from the laptop, I can't do anything at Internet
> except browsing. Besides, in my network list, the wireless network is always
> shown but do not find the wired connection though it is connected and working
> fine. What should I do if I want to see both connections at network manager
> and then wish to select any one?
>
> Thanks all for kind help. Regards,
>
>  Goutam Roy
> Research Associate
> Educational Research Unit
> Research and Evaluation Division
> BRAC
> 75 Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212.
>

> Phone: +88-02-9881265 Ext. 2707
> +88-01712-018951
>

> Web: www.brac.net/research, www.bdeduarticle.com

Go to Settings-->Repositories in Synaptic. There, choose another
mirror. I suggest choosing one in singapore or france. Then click
"Reload", and everything will work fine. However, I think that your
error has been resolved by now, because it seems like a server
configuration mistake.

--
Saad M Niamatullah

--