On 13 May 2011 12:36, Shumon <shumon.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> commenting on Nasim's statement, "...Just like windows and MS Office. Once
> you are committed to windows and MS Office it's very hard to use any
> other software. Not only for the user friendliness but also the
> file formats."
>
> We are friendly to such opinions, no?

My bad. It looks like I failed to explain the analogy properly. Ok,
let me try again.

Once you have written a thousands of documents using MS Office which
has some proprietary/non-standard elements in it (e.g., Equations,
Endnotes, etc. so called user friendly interfaces). You cannot move
**easily** to any other office software.

Let me give another example. I hope the audience won't be too young
for this. If you have millions of ASCII Bijoy or some other
non-standard Bangla documents, you cannot move to Unicode Bangla
instantly.

So the point is not a specific software but the document standard.
Since you are sending mails in plain text or HTML formats through
gmail. As long as the email standard is maintained there's no real
harm in using it via free software.

--
M. Nasimul Haque
Senior Developer