On 16 May 2011 09:40, Shumon <shumon.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Shahriar, I understood what Nasim meant. How about a slightly different
> strategy to converting overnight or even all my old files? How about I keep
> my old .doc files as is and simply keep on creating new .doc or .odt files
> using OpenOffice?

This is completely impractical. The old documents are not kept for
eating your hard disks only. You need to open them, update them, etc.
from time to time. If you need a proprietary software for using your
old documents, then it is easier to continue using the proprietary
software to create new documents. People do not use multiple tools for
the same job. They stick to the simplest one possible.

You can easily make your Ubuntu look like windows GUI. There are
couple of DE out there that looks like windows. For example, LVWM.
Just install it and select the session on login. You'll be presented
with the familiar look.

--
M. Nasimul Haque
Senior Developer