For anyone interested, I have finished a clean separation between the
PHP back-and-frontend and the Javascript of the current map. The only
reason there is still PHP generated Javascript is i18n and site url
generation. Beside that, the Javascript code only needs an URL
returning supporters as JSON data to map them. I should soon deploy
this code on a test environment.

I start a new job next week and it's still unclear how much time I
will have left to work on the support point map. But if there is any
effort on getting an Drupal site on for Ubuntu-be,  I would happily
help to integrate/port the current (features of) map for it.

On 6/27/07, Mark Van den Borre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2007/6/27, Wouter Horré <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > On Wednesday 27 June 2007 14:44:26 Wouter Horré wrote:
> > > I am not that familiar with the Drupal API [1], but my guess is that it
> > > should be possible to write a drupal module that provides an interface to
> > > the profile data (e.g. by outputting xml data instead of a page). This
> > > would be similar to the way the rss module of drupal provides an RSS
> > > interface to the content...
> >
> > E.g. a xml-rpc interface to the profile data can be implemented using:
> > http://api.drupal.org/api/5/function/hook_xmlrpc
> I would be pleased to offer any possible non-coding support to an
> initiative that integrates the (features of the) current support
> points map into a drupal module.
>
> Recycling this in other locoteams would be really easy, so even an
> embryonal effort in this direction should catch on almost immediately.
>
> Mark
> --
> Mark Van den Borre
> Noormannenstraat 113
> 3000 Leuven, België
> +32 486 961726
>
> --

mongolito404, king of the mongolian people