Hi,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Tom Van Braeckel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Op dinsdag 26-02-2008 om 08:40 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Tim Thaens:
>  >  2.  What is the main activity of this mailing-list? Bugreport,
>  > bugfixes, core development, package development, support, translation
>  > or general ubuntu talk?
>
>  General Ubuntu talk, user support, discussing, planning and organising
>  of events,... You might find more info at http://ubuntu-be.org/

user support: not really. For that we redirect to ubuntu-{nl,fr,de}.
The main purpose is coordination of the ubuntu-be activities.

>  >  3.  About myself, I would like to participate general in package
>  > development. So the packages I write, is it best to do i English (so
>  > the whole ubuntu community could use it) or to make it in
>  > Dutch/French?
>
>  English - that way everyone can translate the package to their favourite
>  language.

Packages should definitely be in English.

>  >  4.  Is there somewhere a list of package requests?
>
>  I don't know - someone else should answer this.

Take a look at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/GettingStarted

regards
Wouter

--