On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Stani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > 3. About myself, I would like to participate general in package
>  Packages should definitely be in English.
>
>  It is good before developing your application to study gettext so your
> application can easily be translated. Without giving too much details, the
> process is not that difficult. Every string which should be translated,
> should be surrounded by the _() function, for example _('translate me').
> Afterwards I advise you to use a program such as poedit (sudo apt-get
> install poedit), which will extract all strings automatically for
> translation and allow you to translate your program in any language you
> want. The exact details are dependent of your programming language and out
> of scope for this mailing list. Probably you better.

If I understood correctly, Tim wants to help packaging existing
software. As far as I know debian package descriptions etc. should be
in English and there is no gettext there...

> Take a look at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/GettingStarted
>
>  MOTU (Masters of the Universe) is the team of which you can become a member
> after some hard training, which packages all not officially supported
> packages. MOTU's are friendly people and you can ask for help in
> #ubuntu-motu on IRC with Pidgin. There was just an Ubuntu Developers Week of
> which the logs will be very useful to you:
>  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek

I know what MOTU are. The link I posted describes what you should do
if you want to help out with packaging for ubuntu, which is what I
think that Tim wants to do.

regards
Wouter
--