Jan,

Welcome in the Ubuntu-be community !

We allways need volunteers willing to be involved in all kind of Ubuntu promotion events.

See the agenda on the website http://ubuntu-be.org/nl/calendar and the future events in the wiki   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/FutureEvents .

If you have the possibility, you could join the team organizing an Ubuntu-be booth in Antwerp Expo (Dipro Computer Fair) on 13/09 and/or 29/11/2009.

For details, see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Antwerpen_2009-09-13 .

Best Regards

--
Jean
Ubuntu Belgium Events Team

Jan Bongaerts a écrit :
Hey everybody,

I have been using Ubuntu since Dapper in 2006, and never looked back. I would consider myself to be an expert user, with a few basic administrative skills. I do not have any programming skills anymore though. Last time I wrote a program it was on a Commodore 64 (yes, I am THAT old!), and then the odd line on a spreadsheet.

My background allows me to understand the basic workings of a computer.

Having lived in Southern Africa for 15 years, I recently moved back to Antwerp, my home town.
I am a native Dutch speaker and my English is near perfect.

I would love to contribute to the Ubuntu Magic, and help save the world from MicroFsoft Doom, and I already registered myself on the map as a support point.

I would love to further my skills on the Ubuntu system, both as administrator and as programmer. Being a pilot, I have a lot of spare time, albeit usually not at home, to work on my laptop (a dual boot Win XP/Ubuntu Jaunty Acer Travelmate 4201, now two years old)

Best Regards,
Jan.

--
Microsoft programs are like Englishmen. They only speak Microsoft.