If support/help is needed in running the forum, I am a volunteer.

There is no reason why a test period for running a forum could not be
implemented. If the respons is lukewarm or even cold, we can simple close
the forum project.  If on the contrary the forum is a success then we have
already al headstart.

Anyhow, I would like the issue settled before the release of Karmic, as then
once again new users will be welcomed in our community, and the hassle about
a forum yes/no is not what they need to be confronted with and we will have
other issues to deal with.

Wamukota