Hey Steven
Personally I like the idea. I mentioned it once to warddr IIRC. But I think it
is something that might require us to be a VZW. Nevertheless, I'd like to
discuss it. Therefor I propose you put the idea on:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/PromotionMaterial/ProposalsGoodies2011I'll
also add it as a point to discuss on the next IRC meeting (26/05/2011). Feel
free to discus it there as well.
I think that a USB-stick has multiple upsides. A quick list of those I can
think of right now (together with the benefits steven described):- More durable
than a CD- More valuable (less chance they just install it and than ditch it)-
Can be updated- You'll be able to use it as a normal USB stick afterwards (if
you like)- People who use it as a personal data stick are generally advertising
for us. (Free Publicity)- Also works for Netbook owners- Really awesome
goodie.- Gives an extra chance to promote our Localized version of Ubuntu (once
we finally create it..)
grts

Wouter
PS: For those who don't speak dutch, I translated Stevens mail below.