Well,

according to others, it's not-done to post "advertisements" to a mailing
list (especially not to one that is being archived - thus generating a
permanent page on some pseudo-forum).

But hey, if you prefer a mail falling into your inbox through the
mailinglist over one falling into your inbox outside the list... who am
I to complain. I think both ways would have resulted in some criticism.

Grtz,
Jurgen.