Jurgen Gaeremyn schreef op ma 30-05-2011 om 17:47 [+0200]:
> according to others, it's not-done to post "advertisements" to a
> mailing list (especially not to one that is being archived - thus
> generating a permanent page on some pseudo-forum).

It's true that this list isn't meant for *advertisements*, but a neutral
*announcement* of a new Ubuntu-related shop, company, etc. should be
okay.  Something along the lines of:

        Hello,

        I'm X, and I'm opening a computer shop Y in Z.  I sell computer
        systems with Ubuntu pre-installed and offer support for PCs with
        Ubuntu in general.

        More info at http://example.com

Such a mail could be useful for many people subscribed to the mailing
list (and in the broader community).

--
Jan Claeys