Tom,

the strongest periods of Ubuntu-be were when one single person actually kept his shoulders under the project. In the past we had a few of these people. Thing is: ubuntu-be.org should set clear expectations: what (not) to expect: a spokesman, the official stance of Ubuntu on whatever Belgian activity, guaranteed support, etc...

If someone stands up and is prepared to take leadership, you will quickly have a core team of somewhere between 5 and 10 or even more if you do a great job. If you're willing to take up this commitment, you'll be doing Ubuntu-be a big favour. Problem is, apparently this mythical figure called "somebody" we're all talking about and who'll do all the practical stuff like maintain the website, organise event booths, create content, etc... isn't on this list anymore. Not sure if he ever was.

Please, do give it a chance. First things first - canonical approval is not a problem if you can prove you're active. I'm assuming someone here will be able to tell you more details on this.

Grtz,
Jurgen.