Valeu a dica, Ivan!
Já coloquei lá no AskUbuntu a questão abaixo. Vamos ver como e se vai
progredir...

Why is the dock so static? Could You make it more
dynamic?<http://askubuntu.com/questions/81266/why-is-the-dock-so-static-could-you-make-it-more-dynamic>

   I would like to see the dock acting dynamically. I would like Ubuntu to
put me, in the dock, the icons of programs that I use most frequently, in
descending order of use. My computer, and ALL computer of the users around
the world, would be customized to the specific use of the programs. Each
computer would have its unique and specific dock!

In addition to customized, the system would be operated more easily because
we would have all the links available on the dock, quickly accessed with
just one click. Much faster and convenient!

Thanks.

Paulo Fernandes
--
Mais sobre o Ubuntu em português: http://www.ubuntu-br.org/comece