Hi Viktor, As your proposal of setting autoprobe=0 before updating
sriov_numvfs is the vendor-recommended sequence, it makes sense to
implement it.

Are you planning to submit a PR? If so, I'm happy to review. Otherwise,
I can add it to my task-list and prioritize it accordingly.

-------------------------------------------------------

For reference, I could not reproduce the issue on the following setup:

I tried to reproduce this on romano-machine:
- Ubuntu 22.04 (jammy) and 24.04 (noble)
- Kernel 6.8.0-138-generic (HWE) (jammy)
- In-tree mlx5_core
- ConnectX-6 Dx (Lenovo OEM, PSID LNV0000000029, 15b3:101d)
- Firmware 22.36.1010
- With virtual-function-count values up to 32 (sriov_numvfs=32)

Notable difference is the firmware version.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2166228

Title:
  Mellanox NIC is unable to enter switchdev mode

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/netplan/+bug/2166228/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to