I'm aware that the profile denies /dev/dri. It is doing so on my device
and in my VM, but transmission-gtk is still able to start as expected.
You mentioned XUbuntu, so I tried a fresh install in a VM, and it still
works*. The fact that you are experiencing the issue and I am not tells
me that denying /dev/dri is necessary but not sufficient to cause the
bug and that there's something else in your environment that's
contributing to the problem, and I need to determine what that factor is
before I can continue.

It's easy for situations like these to feel adversarial, but I want to
make it clear that I'm trying to work with you, not against you. There
is a procedure for making changes to released versions of Ubuntu (the
server hosting our docs is down today, see
https://web.archive.org/web/20260819020912/https://ubuntu.com/project/docs/SRU/explanation/pipeline/)
which requires me to write comprehensive instructions for reviewers to
replicate the problem. I can write a patch for AppArmor and put it in a
PPA for you to test, but it won't be accepted into the archive unless I
can understand the situation well enough to write those instructions.

Any additional context you can provide would help me investigate
further. I'm using a Framework 13 with AMD integrated graphics, and the
possibility that it's an NVIDIA or Intel issue comes to mind, but I
don't know what your hardware looks like, and I don't have any non-AMD
systems on hand to test it myself. You also mentioned that the issue
occurs on a fresh install of XUbuntu, did you test that on real hardware
or in a VM?

*Notably, on my machine, it prints `egl: failed to create dri2 screen`,
whereas on xubuntu, it prints `DRI3 error: Could not get DRI3 device`.
It still works in both cases, but maybe Wayland vs. xorg is important?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2162539

Title:
  transmission-gtk fails to open

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/transmission/+bug/2162539/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to