AFAIK Daniel Baumann could rather easily produce an updated "LTS" version, i.e.
8.04.2, but you would still have to start soon! Judging from my experience with
the 8.04, producing a totally new version, e.g. Jaunty Jackalope, would take
longer than by April 2nd, as there are sure to be new bugs.

There are still enough existing 8.04 Swiss Remixes for the install zone, but as
you say, they are best used live and not for installing, as many of the
packages
should be updated, which takes considerable time and bandwidth.

An idea might be to produce some 8.04.2 remixes for the install zone by
copying,
not pressing.

> - I'm collecting ideas and requirements for the DVD also and it is
> interesting to note how many of these ideas are already being discussed
> on the brainstorm pages. Nevertheless we should agree on the procedure
> and about the features in the team and I would appreciate help of people
> familiar with CD building (is the ubuntu customization kit, UCK, the
> utility of choice?)

If you are working with Daniel Baumann, he has written a script which more or
less builds the distribution. However I suspect that Daniel is the only person
able to use the script and there is still a lot of manual adjustment and bug
chasing required.

Regarding the extras, i.e. documentation and multimedia, I'm willing to help
update this.

The present Swiss Remix DVD does not show in some Windows systems. This should
be fixed if possible.

I agree with Myriam, that for the next DVD it might be time to use a KDE4
default for once. Alternatively there should be proivision for switching the
desktops easily, either before booting or live. The present Swiss Remix does
allow live switching between Gnome, KDE and Xfce, but it needs too much effort
to be useful. Should be a one-click thing.

Besides the technical issues, I think we should think more on distribution. At
the moment, Swiss Remixes are for example in the "reduced" bin at Thalia Books
in Bern for CHF 4.95. People aren't buying them. In spite of the attractive
cover, we need a professional looking display box or even larger boxes per DVD.
In the last few years, Linux has been forgotten by the public. We need to
increase awareness, in this case the surface area a potential buyer or user
sees
at the first glance.

We can disscuss some of this in person soon, Daniel!

Cheers, Theo