Hello all,

As a occasional user of Scribus on Ubuntu (currently 9.10, but also used
on previous versions),  I have never had much difficulties. I recently
designed a brochure using Scribus 1.3.5 and can't remember any crash. So
maybe it would be an option to indeed change from Kubuntu to Ubuntu.

But probably this also depends on the complexity of your layout work
(not being a professional, mine is usually rather simple.

   Simon