Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
Carl Karsten wrote:

Ok, as promised: http://dev.personnelware.com/carl/temp/Mar09/a/LiveDapperBoot.avi.torrent

16meg, worth the view. not worth even consedering for final product, but worth chattering about.

Thanks, I got that working now. I've put a copy here: http://people.ubuntu.com/~henrik/temp/

The file is actually surprisingly large for what it shows (mostly black). I wonder if it can be compressed differently?

Yes. I used Lives to cut out a bunch of "dead air", but didn't put any effort into reducing size.

Have you tried taking shots of the desktop in action too? That would be quite interesting.

Tried, but got black and fuz. my toshiba 4600 video out doesn't get along with the capture, and I don't think it is the right way anyway. (see below)

What video capture system are you using?
http://www.adstech.com/products/USBAV_701/intro/usb701intro.asp?pid=USBAV701

>Something that works on Linux?

From what I can tell, no.

I looked briefly on the web and saw various things at around $1-200. I'll consider getting something like this myself.

If you do, get something that takes a VGA output, not "TV" - the TV based stuff just doesn't have enough res.

I am going to try to boot the CD in a Virtual Machine and see if I can capture
that.

^C