John Nilsson wrote:
On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 21:13 +0200, Eric Feliksik wrote:
I agree with you that the dialog doesn't "talk by itself". This could be softened by a help-thing, which is better than nothing. But can we do something about the problem itself?

Isn't the problem that it tries to do to much?

It's called the "logout dialog", to me this is a small hint that you use
it when you want to logout.

Why is it crammed with all the other cruft?

It it's "crammed with all the cruft" because we wanted to provide all those options to our users, and we didn't know how to do it better.

I agree the dialog is sub-optimal. I agree "log out dialog" isn't appropriate when more than half of the options don't log you out.

Do you have a good suggestion for improvement? Something constructive (like http://librarian.launchpad.net/1632715/logout4x.png vs. current dialog, other possible approaches, etcetera)

It is late in the release cycle, and chances are the dialog won't/can't be changed anymore, but you constructive suggestions are always most welcome. (Pointing to the things that are currently bad is ok, but suggesting a nicer alternative is better).

Thanks,
Eric