Em Qui, 2006-09-14 às 00:01 +0200, Sebastien Bacher escreveu:
> Le mardi 05 septembre 2006 à 08:56 +0800, Joel Bryan Juliano a écrit :
> > What if "Applications > System Tools" be moved to  "System > Tools"
> >
> > I also think that "Network Tools" and "System Monitor" would be great
> > to move to "Tools"
>
> Hi,
>
> "Applications, System Tools" items have been moved to different
> categories for dapper so "System Tools" is not a category listed by the
> default installation. Do you think that moving the Category would be
> better than moving items like we do at the moment?

The entries in that category are all disabled by default, but I see two
problems:

1) the user may want to enable some of them;

2) non-standard applications may install entries there.

So there's a good chance an Ubuntu user will see "Applications, System
Tools".

Now, GNOME 2.18 will have a new control center shell and it will
probably integrate gnome-system-tools, so the two categories in System
(Administration and Preferences) will look different anyway. In that
case I think it's probably best to replace the two categories with an
entry for the control center shell, and restore the System Tools
category in "System, Tools".

Cheers,
Evandro