Nanley Chery wrote:
>> I don't think this is justified. If you don't like it, you can edit the menus
>> with alacarte and remove that entry. But the fact that you don't use it
>> doesn't
>> mean we should remove it (we could if there was a better reason, but I don't
>> think that is one)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Emilio
>
> It is not just the fact that I won't use the entry - it is also due in part
> to the not-yet
> disproved position that having the entry is useless, unsightly, and causes
> more problems
> than it solves (if it actually does solve any). Just like adding evince to
> the menu - it is
> virtually useless (Friðrik Már Jónsson).

I can't see any problem it causes, or any harm in having it there. You say there
are two many menu items in the Internet section. How many items are there in a
default installation? 5 or 6? I don't think that's annoying. At least I can
sleep well at nights and I have 17 items right now.

>> What if I remove Firefox? Or if someone sends me a link via mail? Or if
>> I want to open the client and enter it myself?
>
> These are not actually valid cases. By clicking on a BitTorrent file, gnome-bt
> starts up automatically; therefore, removing Firefox, and receiving a link
> does
> matter. The last "scenario" doesn't make sense as it requires the user to do
> more
> work than necessary when he/she can just click on the file.

What if someone sends me a mail and I'm using Mutt? I don't think the terminal
will open gnome-bt. Is that a valid case for you? (although I won't expect any
normal user to use Mutt ;)

> In my honest opinion, in the grand scheme of things, this is just one part of
> aiming to keep
> Ubuntu simple and easy to use.

I agree we should keep things simple, but I'm not sure this is a good idea.

Regards,
Emilio