I'm in favor of removing hibernate for the reasons Rick expressed.

ma, 2011-01-31 kello 11:04 -0800, Rick Spencer kirjoitti:
> However, Hibernate works well for some users, so this will be a
> painful
> regression[1].

Hibernate works well on my computer, however the speed of starting from
zero, loading grub, loading kernel, loading saved memory state and
showing the desktop etc (the hibernate does) is almost the exactly same
as doing a normal startup, so the hibernate mode is quite useless.

The work done on upstart and other boot time improvements has made
hibernate obsolete. Thanks!