For sure that would help my grandpa, he's got an older computer, running
Ubuntu 8.10 still, and he gets frustrated when things don't open right
away... He then ends up opening 8 copies of firefox or some .odt file. I
think some sort of pulsing icon would be the most recognizable thing for him
to understand that "the program/file is loading, please wait a minute."

As a side note, when I travel home for Christmas, he's getting a nice new
computer with 11.10, so I hope that's not an issue any more for him, but I'm
sure there are plenty others out there in a similar boat.

~Dereck

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and
falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.” -
Michelangelo