Le 21/11/2011 07:44, Jason Warner a écrit :
Hi Everyone -

Thank you all for sending feedback[1][2][3] on the default music player for 12.04. It is clear the right decision for 12.04 is to make Rhythmbox the default music player. Thank you, above all else, for keeping the conversation cordial and making the decision about what is best for Ubuntu.

Hey Jason,

I think that discussion is lacking a bit of "why" and "how", we didn't do a very good job at exposing the issues and the motivations there I think nor to put a plan in place for the switch. When we switched the default email client we had several milestones during the cycle and the decision pending on those, could we maybe try to ponder what are the challenges there and define what we would want to see from both softwares during the cycle (or from rhythmbox rather since that the one "trying to get in") and how we validate of those are good enough or not? I would like at least to see regulars tarballs for rhythmbox, signs that usability issues are being worked and that stability measured through users feedback and bugs reports is matching what we want, what do you think?

--
Sebastien Bacher