Sorry but I cannot understand why a default application is such a big matter.
Users are still able to install any preferable browser (and uninstall any that
don't like). It is not a good thing to put users in a VS situation. Both
browsers have their advantages and disadvantages. Do not try to convenience
anyone that one is better than other. That one is more user friendly than
other.
Just make your decision and announce it. If for you Chromium is preferable as
default browser, then it is OK. If for me is not, then I can uninstall it and
install Firefox with two clicks in USC.

---

Regards
 NikTh