On 25.03.2014 00:27, Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Kai Mast <m...@kai-mast.de> wrote:
> [...]
>> > To come to the point: I would really like to implement this! But I
>> > cannot do it by myself. This needs a lot of design work in the
>> > messaging-app and I also need people to give me some help on where to
>> > start. And even then, this is a LOT of work. So, I would hope that some
>> > people will read this and maybe think that they could join me in this task.
>> > Additionally, I would like to see support from the Ubuntu Community that
>> > this feature is actually wanted. Maybe somebody at Canonical is already
>> > working on this?
>> >
> I for one would absolutely love to see instant messaging as well. That
> said, I can't currently spend any of my free time working on this
> (though that could change in May).
>
> I'm not aware whether anyone is working on it at the moment.
>
> Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu...@ubuntu.com>

Hi,

I am currently building a prototype telepathy client that uses the
Ubuntu SDK ("ubuntu IM"). I don't have much free time right now either,
but I think by May it should have basic functionality and be ready to be
merged into messaging-app. I don't care about any fancy features (video,
group chats etc) for now.
Contact me as soon as you have some free time.

This is how it looks currently (only the contact lists works so far):
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-QWPflH3ZDqE/UwjEBixOHDI/AAAAAAAAATs/Pnuv878-YDs/w426-h887/ubuntu-im.png

Best Regards,
Kai