On 2 August 2017 at 02:53, Daniel van Vugt <daniel.van.v...@canonical.com>
wrote:

> Although gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad does have important uses such as
> providing audio codecs and the GL plugin, totem will install it on demand,
> anyway. So yes you should be able to drop it.
>
> I would like to add a couple to that list though:
>  - va-driver-all (should include i965-va-driver)
>  - gstreamer1.0-vaapi

Is there value in getting them promoted to main for 18.04?  I think the
codec licensing is taken care of by the graphics hardware vendor so I think
we should be ok there.  If Totem will pull them in automatically that's
good - but I'd love to be able to go one step further and have them "in the
box".

Cheers, Will