On 3/2/07, Matthias Klose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > The font used in all the menus is fuzzy, making it look like a non-native
> > app (I'm guessing its this bug: https://launchpad.net/bugs/24004 )
> >
> > Compare:
> >
> > http://members.shaw.ca/Limulus/misc/gedit.png
> > http://members.shaw.ca/Limulus/misc/OOoWriter.png
>
> For some reason the DejaVu Condensed font is selected; I cannot
> reproduce that. Could you recheck with a new installation (in a chroot)?

Erm... I have no idea how to use chroot ^_-; (I'm really more of an
advanced user than a developer :)

However, here's how to easily reproduce it on my hardware:

- run the Ubuntu Feisty Herd 5 live cd
- try OOo 2.1; note the default selected font is DejaVu Sans Condensed
- add the OOo 2.2 repo and upgrade OOo packages
- try OOo 2.2; note the default selected font is still DejaVu Sans Condensed

CK

(writing this from the Live CD environment; I'll FTP up a pic in a sec)