hi,
Am Freitag, den 14.09.2007, 10:43 -0600 schrieb Kevin Fries:
> The version upgrade process from one version of Ubuntu to another has
> been troublesome for the most part.  I am beginning to trust it less and
> less.
did you use the update-manager way [1] as we recommend for that or plain
apt-get (which is known to produce issues, thats the reason we
officially discourage this way of upgaring since serveral releases
already)
also did you file bugs for breakages you found during the upgrade
process so the responsible developers are aware ?

ciao
        oli

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading