I don't think it'd hurt if we had a warning in gdebi when installing a
.deb not from or signed by the Ubuntu Archive key, to the likeness of
"Installing packages not from Ubuntu repositories can introduce software
bugs, upgrade conflicts, or security vulnerabilities. Make sure you
trust the origin of this package"

Of course, I think most people will click through that anyway, but at
least then we can't say we didn't try.