Hi João Pinto,

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 12:46:59PM +0100, João Pinto wrote:
> Hello,
> I am the GetDeb project founder and manager, I would like to present GetDeb,
> current status and planned goals.

Thanks for sending this mail to the Ubuntu lists.  It's apparent that
GetDeb meets the need of quite some users, and it would be nice to see
GetDeb and the official repository has more collabrations.

Most of this thread is talking about the packages.  I would like,
however, to talk about something else.

> Current Status
> -------------------
[...]
> One of our important accessibility factors is internationalization, 99% of
> the site template is translatable and already translated into more than 20
> languages. The applications description is also translatable, however that
> is still a young and not very polished feature, at this moment we have about
> 1K application descriptions translated to random languages.

What are these application descriptions?  Are they the same as the
package descriptions (i.e., the Description: field in debian/control,
also shown in "apt-cache show <package-name>".  If yes, is there a way
to get all the translations for a particular language?  I believe many
people would be interested to see them, and incorporate them into Debian
and Ubuntu.  Also, you can also use the existent translation work of the
package descriptions from Debian [1] on GetDeb website if you want.

1. http://www.us.debian.org/intl/l10n/ddtp

> Internationalization: http://www.getdeb.net/languages.php

A side note -- since you are using global.zh-tw.php for traditional
Chinese (zh_TW in the locale notation), you probably want to use
global.zh-cn.php instead of global.zh.php for simplified Chinese
(zh_CN).

Ming
2007.10.17