OK, I don't want to hijack this thread but after reading mostly negative
comments I would like to say somethings about why I participate in GetDeb.

A little bit of history, I stumbled upon GetDeb when I was looking for
Pidgin. Back then it wasn't available in Feisty and I wanted to use the
latest version. When I saw the website I got very excited about the goal
to supply the latest software for Ubuntu.

The main reason why I started creating packages for Getdeb was the fact
it was so easy to participate. I created an updated package and within
two days it was up on the site. I tend to create packages I use myself
or I believe it is a great asset to Ubuntu. This is one of the reason
you won't see me creating packages for games at the moment.

I did check to see if I could help out creating packages for as some
call it, the inside Ubuntu community. All I could find was becoming a
MOTU which is a whole process and I wasn't, and I'm still not, ready for
that. Not until this thread I found out that for backports it's different.

I will check out the backport process and see if I could help out there
as well. I won't abandon the Getdeb project, it's a great project to
participate in.

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: E77E8E98