On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 23:50 -0500, John Richard Moser wrote:

> Anthony Bryan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Have you thought about using Metalinks for your ISO downloads? It's an
> > XML format used by download apps, and contains the ways to get a file
> > (mirrors/P2P) along with info for automatic error detection/recovery
> > (checksums) and other stuff.
>
> Bittorrent.

Some ISPs block bittorrent of course. Vodafone UK is one of them. I had
great problems downloading openoffice.org for windows as they *only* use
bittorrent as a distribution mechanism.

Someone thankfully pointed me in the direction of a novell (I think)
version which was available to download normally.

Caroline