Reinhard Tartler spake thusly:
> "Scott (angrykeyboarder)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> None that would "interest" [some Ubuntu] developers, I suppose....
>>
>> OK...
>>
>> Off to plan B.
>>
>> getdeb.net
>>
>> Oh wait, Ubuntu developers get upset when users go elsewhere for updated
>> versions of software...
>>
>> OK..
>>
>> Off to plan C.
>>
>> ?
>
> Language, please. See please see http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct
> for guidelines.

1. I don't see any foul language. Perhaps I'm overlooking something?

2. Considering the offensive nature of the message I was responding to,
I feel I was quite reserved. In fact my response was (thankfully)
written after a personal "timeout".

> You should have mentioned https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/157642 in your
> first message in this thread, so that developer can see the current
> status about this issue.

I beg your pardon, I *did* mention it. What are you seeing as the fist
message in this thread?

> ATM nobody seems to be assigned to it [1]. I'd
> expect more people interested in the issue will subscribe and eventually
> a developer will assign the bug to itself and do the SRU procedure. But
> please stop this hostile tone on public mailing lists.

I asked for help I got arrogance.  Arrogance doesn't go over well with
me. My apologies.

You keep saying "public mailing lists". Is a "hostile tone" OK on
private ones? ;)

> [1] well, I don't consider bugs assigned to a team as bugs assigned to a
> specific person, but that's another issue.

As I mentioned in the message (that's somehow fallen into a black hole
here, yet can be found in it's entirety in the archive[1]) that
*started* this thread my involvement began as a request (bug report) for
a sync from Debian Sid.

[]1https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2007-November/002266.html

--
            Scott