On 11/9/07, Scott (angrykeyboarder) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For some strange reason I'd rather have a final release of a program
> rather than a beta or a release candidate. I'm weird like that.

Release candidates (especially later ones) tend to be nearly identical
to the actual release (unless you're MPlayer, apparently).  Often the
release *is* the final release candidate, just with a version bump.
This is because every time someone touches the code there's the
opportunity for new problems - not necessarily bugs, not necessarily
in your code, but problems nonetheless.  *Fixing* bugs can cause such
problems, where a plugin has been relying on the buggy behaviour.

All of this means that, yes, we'd like to see the bugs that are fixed
in the new release over RC3, so we can weigh up the risk of breaking
stuff against the benefits of the bug fixes.  And the best way to
notify the people who can do something about it is generally not on
ubuntu-devel-discuss, but on launchpad in bug(s) against the gimp
package.