On Dec 3, 2007 8:28 AM, Christofer C. Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2007 3:10 PM, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I agree that :
> > On Tuesday 23 October 2007 05:25:56 Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> > > This causes people to make useless comments of the form "This bug has
> > > votes, why is it only Medium importance!", which causes more e-mail
> > > notifications and slows down the developers further.
> >
> > but still this is a Comunity project, or is it not?
> > If what users and comunity desire is not the important for the
> "project", then what is?
>
> I think allowing the developers of the distribution, those who have a
> real stake in the success of the software in its entirety, to decide
> where to focus their efforts is superior to allowing the mob to decide
> what's important.  I also think that using straw-man arguments to make
> your point is a mistake.

I disagree.

There needs to be some compromise between the developers and the mob,
presuming that the mob consists of end-users. The end-user decides how much
of a success the software is in its entirety. The developers need to keep
that in mind at all times.

regards

Andrew