I've not really tried it much yet, but for IM it seems to cover all the
basics - the same stuff as pidgin at least.  It's a little different, but it
seems ok, I'll endeavour to give it more of a test run.

--
Slingshot - a unique game everyone enjoys  - and it's free :-)
http://www.slingshot-game.org